Monday 29 May 2017

Blog Post #2: Technology Plan


If I was in charge of developing the technology plan for my school, I would feel the least confident in implementing tools.  For me, researching and deciding on which tools are best would be more challenging and a bit out of my comfort zone.  Knowing that a large portion of the budget for the plan will go to funding these devices adds extra pressure to get it right.  Arguably though, if I were to build the best team possible, they would be able to support in this area.  As Mike Pelletier states in his interview (Boll, 2015), if he had to choose to start with people or the process first, he would build his team first.  Another point in the interview that rings true for me is the importance of building a strong foundation first before even thinking about purchasing devices.  I appreciate Pelletier’s (Boll, 2015) reference to bridging the implementation gap.  To increase the likelihood of success when developing a technology plan, bridging the implementation gap for my team might look something like what is pictured in the image below.